Saturday 23 February 2008

palette generator


Since I discovered kris's color stripes blog the other day I've been intrigued by the idea of pulling colours out of a aesthetically pleasing image as a way to develop strong colour palettes. Then the other day I found that Big Huge Labs had an automatic palette generator which does it in a moment. You can see the results above for this along with the limitations. The swatch to the immediate right of the photo is one that I have added manually, in the case of the fabric design I can't see how it missed the blue which makes the whole scheme. Other palettes I've made have missed even more basic colours. I love all the names and subtleties though of the whites and creams and greys.
You can do the same with Photoshop but it takes longer. Better to start with the generator and then just tweak it later.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)