Saturday 15 March 2008

Australian natives & international visitors

Auracaria bidwillii Bunya Pine cone close up.

I was looking through the stats for this blog the other day and just marvelling at the amazing range of countries my visitors come from.
I wrote a list: UK, US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, France, Italy, Brazil, Austria, Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Columbia, Portugal, Germany, Singapore, Phillipines, Israel, Cyprus, Ukraine, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Japan and Iceland.
I just love it (though I'm a bit worried about my lack of popularity in Asia and Eastern Europe!).
Anyway, here are some amazing Australian natives for all my international visitors. It is lovely to have you here :-) (And leave me a comment if I missed anywhere!)

Above a close up of a Bunya 'nut', these huge cones are cooked and eaten as bush food. Such fantastic geometry in the design and I love the brown whiskers.

Stenocarpus sinuatus Firewheel tree

Another native, the Firewheel trees are flowering now, just gorgeous, one of my very favourites and something I'm working on for a textile design. This arrangement is an homage to Denise at Freshly Found's Spathodea Damask.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)