Thursday, 3 July 2008

fabric printing

The day before yesterday I finally found time to do some experimenting with my block prints and some different colour inks I had bought last week. Time consuming but lots of fun. I had to make myself use each colour and not just flit from one to the other, which I am prone to do!
I mixed the lighter mushroom brown by using some white and blue with the brown ink and I got another green by adding white. I want to get some yellow ink to make a real lime green.
While I had the brown mixed I used it to print a couple of tea towels for the shop. I really like the way they turned out and the seventies ceramic style they have. I love this turquoisy blue too and will have to buy a larger pot of ink (I'm using silkscreen Permaset fabric colour).
I got round to mounting my handcut stamp of three leaves on a wooden block which was for getting a clean print, with the unmounted block I always seemed to ink some of the surrounding cut marks and print them. I haven't mounted my star/flower shape yet and you can see the difference.
Some of these swatches are up for swapping on my Flickr. I wasn't sure I would have the time to do more swaps with people so I have left it till now. If anyone likes the look of them just Flickr mail me, first come first swapped!


  1. I love these! Especially all together like that. Such lovely colours! :-)

  2. Hi - I just saw your tea towel on the front page of Etsy! It looks great !

    - I just made some too - it must be in the air!


Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)