Wednesday 9 June 2010

oktak


About a month ago the lovely Aki put my bottle towel into the most fantastic treasury (below) on Etsy. That led me to her great shop oktak where I immediately fell in love with her bright and graphic pieces. I started to wonder what my fabric would look like in her hands and on a whim emailled her and asked if she'd like some RickRack to play with.
Fast forward to yesterday and these photos landed in my inbox. Isn't she clever! I just love the way she's put the purses together, and see the little click purse, she's sending it to me! Thank you Aki! She has another couple that will be in her store, along with all her other beautiful wares.
 I think the thing I like the very most about our collaboration though is this drawing she sent by her 5 year old daughter - who was inspired by my fabric to draw her own version. Aaaaah I love it :-)

Oh and if you can speak Japanese you could read about it all on Aki's blog here.

2 comments :

  1. Fantastic! love your ric-rac on the purses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovley interchange. Your ric rac does look good made up - and how special that it sparked 5 year old art work too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)