Thursday 11 November 2010

my creative space - making, packaging

packaging
packaging
overlocking

Not so creative over here, but I do like the meditation of packaging up Flower Press wares. Sewing on labels, folding the towels, printing bands and putting the whole thing in a cellophane bag. And they look so nice together. A pity I always seem to be behind so the nice folded ones fly off to their new owners and I have to start again!
And some overlocking for those who were wondering how I was going with the new machine. A moment of worry when my rethreading didn't work, but I found the tricky thread hole that was missing and as you can see there's been no looking back. I love it!

Lots more interesting things, as usual, at lovely Kirsty's.

7 comments :

  1. it is a fun part! specially when it's not a rush. yours looks great.
    glad to hear you're having fun with your new machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy you. Love your labels, the font is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real little production line you have going here. You sound like you are having good fun in the busyness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Packaging is fun, isn't it :) Your overlocking is looking fantastic! (so inspirational!). Thanks Susie. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the packaging side of things soothing too. In my case it involves drawing little birds on tiny round boxes and popping some tissue paper inside as a nest for the jewels I've been making. It's repetitive and satisfying.

    I joined in with My Creative Space today (and started a whole new blog too - how scary!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - there is something so satisfying in packaging what you have created. Well done on the overlocking! How's the crocheting going?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)