Monday 21 May 2012

these days

Bees Seeds Bridge CracklesBridgeBouquet

Last weekend I was thoroughly spoilt for my Mothers Day with lots of presents and this little bouquet of garden flowers. In the afternoon we went for a walk in an the old palm gully in the Rozelle Hospital grounds where the Mr and I used to go with our lovely old white dog before we had kids. It was quite lovely seeing it through their eyes and reminded me how lucky I am to have these beautiful people in my life.

This weekend Ms A sewed her first clothes from a pattern, something we've been talking about for a while. It was nice to pass on my little bit of knowledge of pattern sewing. She's making a simple skirt (photo when its finished). I think I was exactly the same age she is now when I made my first skirt from a pattern, so that's nice. The days are cold and bright. Its inspired some more baking including these dangerous chocolate crackles.

On Sunday I spent the morning with an old friend and some like minded souls at a local permaculture garden talking about growing your own and other ways to be more sustainable. This suburban garden contains about fifty fruit trees, garden beds, a beehive and more. I've been wanting to grow more food in my garden and I came away inspired, with a few seed swap packets and compulsion to order a big stash of garlic bulbs to plant out.

I'm glad to say I'm nearly through the boring stuff, I can even see the light at the end of the tunnel so hopefully I'll have time for some creative pursuits soon, I can't wait! I have ideas bubbling away and looking forward to playing with them.

To see some really creative work, make sure you tune in tomorrow for May's Show & Tell guest. Lots of inspiration there!

3 comments :

  1. Love the bee flight path! and that still life is divine :)
    Glad you had a great day :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like lovely days to me! Chocolate crackles are evil!!! You just can't say no :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old palm gully looks beautiful... cool and lush. And your garden flower bouquet is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)