I am a little obsessed with tile patterns and this Prism design was inspired by a photo I saw of a Portuguese tiles recently. Its not so different to the Starry pattern I printed for last year's swap and I've used the same technique for printing as I did last year too, namely foam block printing using a perspex base.
It was great to get a nudge from the swap to follow through with some more of this printing. I love the process and I love the handmade patina (read overprinty smudgeiness!) of it. I'm delighted with the way this has turned out. In the end I used the colours that I had on hand but once I get some more inks I'm going to print up some fabric for cushions for me, oh and maybe some for the shop too.
I see reading last year's post that I promised a tutorial last time (for the next week no less!). Good news is that I took photos of the process this time and I've started putting together a simple how to so if you are interested in doing your own you can have a go. And at risk of repeating myself, I should have it up next week :-)