Friday 20 July 2012

handprinted swap II

hanprinted swap

I loved Leslie's second handprinted fabric swap as much as the first, and I'm sure if and when she does it next time I'll put my hand up again!

Swaps are so inspiring. If you've never done one they take you out of your comfort zone a bit the first time but make you produce good, careful and creative work to deadline, which is always good, and often make you experiment with mediums and techniques you've never tried, as it did with my pincushion, brooch and handprint I swaps.

This time was no different and I had lots of fun with my blockprinted design again, (tutorial here) but even better I got to send pieces off to other swappers both near and far and received treasures in the mail in return.

A million thanks to my fellow swappers Rebecca, Anna, Jane and Sheila, and thanks to Leslie for organising. I've provided their blog links along with pictures of their beautiful fabrics below.

hanprinted swap

handprinted swap II

handprinted swap II

handprinted swap

I'm hoping to pop in over the weekend, but if time gets away from me don't forget to come back Tuesday for this month's Show & Tell! You may not all know the blogger I'm featuring this month but I'm sure you will love her work and her blog.

2 comments :

  1. What a lovely idea. I haven't been part of a bloggy crafty swap yet but I'd like to someday.
    Goodness me that rose fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look fab! I love the fabric swap too...it is always so excellent to receive packages of fabric :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)