Tuesday, 27 January 2015
It is taking me a while to find the time and headspace to get back to my little blog, though not for want of trying.
I have crafty plans for 2015 and holiday adventures to share, and our renovation pictures! Anyway, they are all to come once life is more sorted, but I thought I'd start by sharing some glimpses from my weeks away...
I'm always on the lookout for nature where it crosses my path, both old favourites and new undiscovered creatures. Its one of my favourite things.
The other day I was trying to get everyone to look over at the delightful resident troupe of tiny blue wrens as they danced across our campground.
In and out of the grasses and bushes they flitted, over and under the towels and tentpegs. They were so beautiful, and the light was so beautiful... I wish you'd seen it.
My son interrupted me quietly to say 'I don't think everyone is as interested in birds as you are Mum'.
No I don't think they are, but quick, look over this way at my photos of the wildlife I encountered on my holidays anyway!
Not here is the bush turkey who ate through the mesh of our new! tent to get to a wrapped loaf of bread, nor the native mice who chewed through that same pristine mesh to get to the Coco Pops. Not here is the large but unidentified lizard who walked across my path or the Pacific Baza who perched on the fence at my Mum's place.
I did manage to capture a few beautiful things before my camera died though (aaagh, I'm hoping there's nothing too serious wrong with it). Phone and ipad pics for a while on here and instagram.
* blue button jellyfish - belongil beach
* barnacles - Brunswick Heads
* Jabiru - seen from the car near Yamba
* button grass - Corindi Beach
* Not a moorhen apparently, a Purple Swamphen - Crabbes Creek
* Big Black Beetle - Bangalow
* Sacred Kingfisher - Corindi Beach
* Love this, these are the resident Magpie family at the campground drinking and bathing in the salad bowl we left out for them. I like to think the baby is cringing with embarassment as his Mum dives in for a bath!
* Wind carved sandstone - Putty Beach
* Cuckoo-dove - Putty Beach
Did you encounter any new birds or creatures on your holidays, do tell, I'm interested in birds you know ;-)