Thursday 11 September 2008

website


Its been a few weeks since I took the plunge and signed up for my own website! It felt like quite a big plunge at the time, very sensible and businesslike. And psychologically like a big commitment to future plans.
It was great to finally get a dedicated email address, I love that I can now keep all my flower press communication in one place. Makes life much simpler.
Oh, and my email is susie[at]flowerpress[dot]com[dot]au if you want to say hello :-).

My web address is http://www.flowerpress.com.au
You might wonder why I haven't mentioned it before but, well, there hasn't actually been anything there!! Just a sign saying 'website coming'.

This has really been bugging me and today I've rushed around and at last put something up, its temporary, some images I've been working on for a fabric design and some links to flower press on the 'net. But now you can find all my links in one place and flower press has an official home.
So anyway, its a bit like a caravan parked in a field (actually that's a great image, I see one of those great chrome 50s numbers). Plans are being drawn up though and one day soon I'll start building. Please bookmark me and come back regularly to see if I've done anything!

3 comments :

  1. Hey, congrats on the website! That's really awesome. :-)

    I just have a wee bit of advice for you: make sure it is obvious that you need to click the images to go places... Oh and don't forget to change the title. Sorry - my previous incarnation is pokin' its head out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carina :-) for your kind words and advice.
    You are spot on about the corrx. I had noticed those last night but ran out of time. I also want to hyperlink the text, improve the font, etc etc. As I said, this is a work in progress :-)
    I used to work a bit in web design but its been a while and I'm a bit rusty!
    I will have to remember to use your knowledge in the future :-)
    Thanks
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've popped over to have a look. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)