Tuesday 24 November 2009

the first cut


How amazing to have bolts of fabric, my very own fabric!
It was quite intimidating though standing there, getting ready to make that first cut. I got my two best pairs of scissors out, and thought a bit. I got my rotary cutter and quilting ruler and thought a bit more! Finally I found my cutting mat, a tape measure and I was ready to go. I took a big breath and cut...

Slowly but surely I got the hang of it...

Fat quarters and fat eighths sample packs in the shop now.

4 comments :

  1. God, how have I missed all this yardage excitement?! It looks fab! And the colour choices are perfect, I'd have gone for exactly those two shades.
    Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,
    Thanks for the lovely words and excitement. I'm so glad you like the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric in great colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)