Thursday 19 November 2009

rickrack



I'm so proud and excited to be able to finally introduce the first, debut Flower Press yardage print - RickRack!!

(And no, it's not flowers. I know - I'm surprised too! But don't worry, the next one on the drawing board is definitely floral.)

RickRack was originally inspired by my dear friend Kate's skirt, denim with a border of rick rack, lace and other ribbons sewn around the bottom. I always admired the different trims together - I love rickrack, broderie, daisy laces and ribbons. There's something so retro but classic about them. They speak to me of the current crafty revival, of the recognition of all those past crafting skills, the care and love in hand sewn.



Rick Rack is initially screenprinted on a lovely midweight linen/cotton (55%/40%) fabric. Thanks to all the fantastic input you gave me I know that we all love natural fibres, in a midweight with great drape. This fabric is not too heavy and not too light, its just right. I'm hoping it will be good for quilting and craft projects, cushion covers and clothes.

I hope you love these colours as much as we do. My daughter and I are crazy for this turquoisy blue I've called Aqua and this Strawberry red is a classic.

Anyway, I only have these strikeoffs to start with but I'm going to be offering some extra special Pre-Order deals. I'm hoping to have fabric stock within a fortnight but until then I'm offering five Strawberry Fat Quarter packs for only US$10 each, a saving of 20% on the full price (email me if you'd prefer the Aqua).

I have stock now! Aqua here and Strawberry here. Still on sale for a short time!!!

4 comments :

  1. These are beautiful...I'm not surprised you are thrilled....I can already see so many applications to use this fabric with.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously pretty and charming and bright! Bags, cushions, curtains, little dresses, and ooh - a sun hat! And they'll look great patched together for a quilt.

    (I've tagged you for a morning cuppa ritual http://jezzeblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/morning-cuppa-ritual.html Hope you don't mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesomeness! I love it and you colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)