Wednesday 14 July 2010

time...



The theme for the stitched postcard swap I'm part of is TIME. I'm not sure why but I had a bit of trouble being inspired by this one. Contrarily I didn't want to do a clock! And so I ended up starting work on the ages of a rose which I thought would be a good way of illustrating the concept. The result, below, turned out a tad pretty for my taste and I thought I'd try another more graphic idea.

Thinking about time again, my favourite line from Peter Allen's song Tenterfield Saddler floated through my head. I've always loved the metaphor and I thought it worked really well for a message that was going in the post to travel to the other side of the world!

If you don't know it, please watch the video. Peter Allen has his cheesy moments but this is a very moving song. It always makes me cry.

This postcard is wonky on purpose, but seems to have photographed even wonkier! The stitching too. Both postcards went in the post. And funnily enough Chris liked the roses best. To see more postcards follow the link on the left.

You know, they are funny those swaps, kinda stressful, but I think I like them. The deadline speeds up and then you have to create, collect, send. I was similarly last minute posting my vintage sheets the other day but looking at Ange's blog with vintage sheet inspiration I can't wait to get my parcel in return!! I can feel another quilt coming on.

4 comments :

  1. I loooove that song - it always bring a tear to the eye. What a great quote.
    These random type swaps are fun as they make us think outside the square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Love it... and yes, I find swaps very stressful too but then so rewarding once you put in the effort. It's a great way to challenge yourself I think. Anyway, love what you've created :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. Really interesting point about swaps - it seems kind of odd to put extra pressure on ourselves for something like this, but as CurlyPops said, they are valuable for making us think about something that we might not normally try to create. And look at all the magic that came out of it!

    Thanks so much for joining in
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)