I'm home briefly to unpack and repack for our camping week (I know, totally spoilt), and though I don't really have time to be reading blogs or writing posts. I can't seem to help myself! Reading around the place everyone sounds so happy and thoughtful coming into the New Year and I can suddenly feel the first inklings of inspiration daydreaming their way into my holiday brain. A few things keep surfacing and this is what my project list is looking like so far:
* Sew some clothes, I have had a pattern and fabric for a Shearwater kaftan for months now and I need to make that for starters. I also want to try the Amy Butler Barcelona skirt pattern. I used to make clothes when I was younger but lost my confidence somewhere along the way.
* Design and print a new yardage design. One of my designs is begging to be made into yardage (can you guess!) and I had yet another request for fabric in this design while I was away. I really need to sit down and adapt it soon!
* Ceramics. I'd like to try my hand at some very simple ceramics and a good start will be the porcelain pens I got for my birthday, I've already decorated some cups for Christmas presents and I will be doing more with these when I get time.
* Block printing with foam and perspex a la Jesse. I am intrigued by this method and I'm dying to give it a try.
* Wholesale. I'm slowly dipping my toe in here and one resolution is to have more local stockists by the end of the year.
* Screenprinting on paper. With the demise of gocco I'd like to try and adapt some of my prints to larger format screenprints.
Phew, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I think I need another week to ponder it all! What's on your list? Are you using the New Year to kickstart some plans that have been languishing on the drawing board.
p.s. While I was at home I scanned some old photos from family albums, this picture shows my brother Will and I at Chenonceaux castle in the Loire Valley in France on a family road trip in the seventies. I think we look like the youngest members of the Partridge Family!