Thursday 24 March 2011

my creative space - marbles

marble collection
marble collection
marble collection
The Project Selvage competition closes today. I just had a look over there and from what I can see there are over 700 entries! I've made a few designs with the contest in mind but I've finally decided this marble collection is the one I'm entering. Marbles were the first thought that jumped into my head - about three minutes after I started thinking about baby boys and I'm happy that it appears to be the only design with this theme. I've entered the blue, which colour do you like?

I've always loved marbles. I think they're beautiful. Mr Flowerpress has a lovely collection found over the years since childhood. I like the timeless, vintage quality of marbles, I like the swirls you find inside and how they hang in the glass. And I'm happy with the way my marble collection reads as spots from a distance too, I do love spotty fabric!

From all those entries the organisers choose just 75 for voting on by the Spoonflower community. There's a lot of competition so I will feel really honoured if my design gets through to that stage, fingers crossed.

Whatever happens my marble collection will soon be for sale as a print, I think they would be perfect as a present for new baby boys.

For more creations visit Kirsty.
marble collection

20 comments :

  1. Gorgeous - great idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfect boy's print - and it would coordinate so well with other fabrics for quilting... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Well done chook. Also for saying you would and following through. And the marbles idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The marbles & all those colours, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the marble idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fingers crossed for you!
    lovely design.
    am in the mucking around stages and wondering about spoonflower's solid background colour warning! have you had any trouble with flat bright colours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a brilliant concept, Susie and so well executed. Bravo you! Crossing fingers and toes for you. J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FABULOUS idea!!! I love it Susie - so simple and yet totally interesting to look at and evocative of childhood... ticks all the boxes I think. Best of luck - I think you are definitely on a win with this one :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! At first glance it looks a bit like a polka dot, but I love the marble details. And it's a nice change from all the usual truck / car / pirate stuff for boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an excellent choice. These are really gorgeous, unique and memorable. Something fresh! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. as a print print/ or a fabric print/ Sorry to be daft.
    I would love this as fabric - its beautiful, fresh and clean and fun !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the blue will be perfect for a boy's theme..love the marbles..I also love the streaks of colour and the fascinating way it hangs in the glass and the solid ones as well. I'm quite impressed with the lemon and even the pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The marbles are great. Just a really lovely design (for boys or girls I think).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these, just gorgeous - I will have to follow you now for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic and unique choose of theme. I know when looking for fabrics, particularly for young boys it's difficult to find something a little different. This has to be in the running for the finals. Love the spacing and the colours - the swirly ones were always a favourite. i think the blue and the purple work the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you're onto a winner here, susie. seriously! i adore this print.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fantastic simple idea and they're usually the best! Good Luck, I reckon your a shoe in. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the blue one best too - I love the way the marbles really stand out against this colour.
    Good luck with the competition :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)