Wednesday 11 May 2011

Brooch Swap Inspiration

Brooch Swap Inspiration
Sign ups for the brooch swap are now closed, WOW, thanks everyone! There's been an amazing response and there are a whopping 86 Brooch swappers joining in for our swap.We have sign ups from around the world too so this is truly an international swap. Its going to be great!

You will receive your swap partner details this week, just as soon as I can get my head around it all, and send out 86 individual emails! The swap is a secret swap which means you will send to one person, and receive a brooch from another.

In the meantime please come and join our Flower Press Brooch Swap Flickr Group. Thank you to the  people who have already uploaded inspiration mosaics. These are full of inspiring handmade brooches and other inspiration pics. Mosaics are a great way to share your tastes and likes with your swapper and to kick start your making. They are simple to make too with the Big Huge Labs online mosaic maker. There is also a discussion thread within our group to share ideas and resources. Flickr also has a dedicated Brooches group which makes interesting browsing.

I found the brooches above with a quick search through Flickr using the tags brooch and handmade. Click on the photo to see the credits. You could also take a picture of your favourite brooches to share.

For those of you who don't have a Flickr account why not take the plunge. You don't have to share all your photos and a basic account is free. Flickr is a great way to share your interests and get feedback on your work.

7 comments :

  1. I'm excited too!! I've just uploaded a couple of my embroidered brooches onto the Flickr Group. Loving the mosaics you've made so far Susie... particularly in love with uloni's work... talk about wow! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with those emails; I don't envy you! ;)

    Can't wait to see who I'm sending to - I've already made a start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the organisation of this! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those little sardines in their tin! -how cute and clever. This is going to be fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also adore those sardines! Can't wait to find out who my partner will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 86 crafty people to coordinate, good luck with that! Watching my inbox excitedly.
    I've herded my blogs into one place, please come and find me at http://piecenpeace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)