Tuesday 6 October 2009

sushi love



School holidays for the next two weeks and we head to the beach on Wednesday, housesitting for some friends who are off to Japan (yay!).
While the boys went off to the city to explore the Harbour Bridge, A and I got down to crafting. She wanted to do some embroidery and I'd bought these frames a while ago. Wondering what to sew, inspiration soon hit, one of her very favourite things in the world is sushi. I pulled out the felt and we hit upon this design. So simple but I love the way they look. She is mad about beads too and decided to make the 'fillings' with beads and ribbon from her stash. Isn't she creative :-)

This was nice and simple to sew but good practice for knots and sewing. I'm thinking a little piece of sashimi might be a nice addition. It would make a nice applique for a purse as well with some japanese fabric lining...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)