Friday 19 March 2010

a little dress


Way back in the mists of time (well, November 2007) I bought a hat, a beautiful orange spotty hat. I bought it from a lovely woman called Sue on Etsy. I had only just opened my shop on Etsy and Sue and I emailled back and forth a bit, she was very sweet and encouraging and she cheered me on as I started to have some success with Flower Press. Sue is a very talented seamstress - I think she could make anything - but eventually she decided to concentrate on her wonderful hats, in a new shop called aptly McHats where she sells hats and patterns made from her fantastic original designs.

Back then, in November 2007, I talked to her about the dreams I had to make my own fabric. I told her that when I did it would be great if she would sew something from it, combine our talents! It seemed like a lovely dream.

Fast forward to 2010 and its very wonderful to me that that dream has been fulfilled. One of the first things I did when I got my bolts of shiny new fabric was to send some to Sue. And now she has sewn this beautiful little dress for me, using RickRack fabric in Aqua blue :-)

In other exciting news, my Show & Tell interview series continues on Tuesday next week. I've been formatting the post today and adding photos and I know you are going to really love it!!

5 comments :

  1. I really love this post - I can relate! Congrats on your success, and the lovely dress. The internet can be such a wonderful place! Have a great weekend! Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when dreams come true!! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story! Gorgeous dress and fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story. SWEETEST dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric is just perfect for that dress - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)