Wednesday 2 June 2010

cold


Here we are in winter and going on for about the third week of rain, though we had a spot of sun today. Sprinkled through the damp garden beds these little jewels have been appearing, the most beautiful little miniature orange mushrooms, sprouting from the wood mulch we laid on the garden last summer. They make the most beautiful little fairy rings among the plants and I couldn't resist bringing one in for a photo session.
I'm suffering with one of those draggy change of seasons colds. I thought I'd shaken it off on Monday but it came back with a vengeance and I'm croaky and slow. Lunch today was the best medicine leftover minestrone with toasted pane di casa toast.

5 comments :

  1. I reckon minestrone soup is the Italian answer to an English pot of tea. Gorgeous pics, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely warming photographs- hope you are much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those mushroom pics are amazing SUSIE (I will forever and always SHOUT your name now!) and I would love a mug like that ... and the soup that's in it! I hope you are on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images. I hope you're feeling better soon! The change of season lurgies are NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos! I feel all snuggly just looking at them :) Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)