Monday 29 November 2010

fame

extra curricular
extra curricular
My copy of Extra Curricular landed in the letterbox today at last. What a lovely magazine it is, I'm so happy to be part of it, thanks Ellie!

Extra Curricular is full of lots of really interesting articles about creative people - why they make, what they make and lots of great information about how they make it. Its really fresh and honest and wonderfully inspiring whether you are a maker already or just wanting to start. The mag is available through the big cartel shop or via some other stockists listed on Ellie's blog. (I've seen it at Lark and Little Jane Street.)

I was lucky enough to be interviewed for Extra Curricular by fellow Sydneysider Ike Levick who arrived on the appointed day with takeway coffees in one hand and some Prints Charming embroidery in the other (she'd just been to a workshop). Needless to say we spent the whole time talking and came away great friends. Thank you Ike for the lovely piece and for your great enthusiasm and kindness. I was a bit anxious about being interviewed but you made it lots of fun!

The article tells a lot about how I came to be doing what I'm doing, how I do it and why. All the kids' names are in the article and some of their art appears on my pinboard, so they are enjoying the fame too :-) And while I've managed to keep my face out of this blog for three years, here I am at last in living colour (!?), photo by Mr Flowerpress.

14 comments :

  1. Yay! So wonderful to see you!
    You look gorgeous, just what I expected.
    hooray and congrats on the mag too. I'll definitely be hunting down a copy. What a wonderful start to the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely face - why were you hiding? Congrats on the article. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Congrats on the press :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful, how exciting for you all! I still don't have a copy & I keep hearing so much about it, time to pick one up I'd say..

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Look look fabulous & I can't wait to read the article.Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see you on the blog at last! Congratulations on seeing the entire family up in lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. Well done. Hopefully my copy will be with me soon too!

    Hopefully we will see you all over the blog now you have been 'outed'.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Kate - I'm so pleased to finally have a face to match to the name. And why have you been hiding yourself away - it's such a lovely shot of you! Bravo, Mr FP. Well done, Susie - I hope it brings you all the attention you so richly deserve. Now I need to hunt down a copy. J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for you! Looks like a beautiful magazine, must hunt a copy down. You make a beautiful picture too - three years of hiding behind the camera is too long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really a lovely photo. Congrats on the great press!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see the face behind the name, the blog and the creativity :) Well done on the article and I'll have to track down a copy and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the feature! So very exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)