Thursday 17 May 2012

my creative space - kid's cushion

bricks cushionbricks cushionbricks cushionbricks cushion

I've been doing tax stuff this week, yeuch, so I've had limited time for creative pursuits. Luckily the other day I found these cushion pieces, which I'd cut and overlocked a few weeks ago, stealing a little time from other jobs and I had the satisfaction of quickly finishing a project.

The fabric was precut and edges overlocked already so it was a simple job to go and sew in the zip and the seams. I've actually got the cushion/pillow sewing down to a fine art through lots of practice. I love the simplicity and great design of the invisible zip and invisible zip foot. I must do a simple photo tutorial next time to share, if you haven't sewn an invisible zip you will be amazed at how easy they are.

This cushion is in the shop now. I think it would make a lovely pop of colour in a kid's room, and you could sew some matching accessories with the matching fabric. Or buy yourself a fat quarter and make your own. Next up the clouds are getting the same treatment. I love this print in the large format and I'm really happy to have some yardage of it to play with.

Can you believe too that another month has come around, the good news is that that means Show & Tell is on again next week, on Tuesday. My guest is a wonderfully crafty, creative blogger. I love her work and I'm so pleased to be featuring some of it this month. Don't forget to pop in and say hi.

7 comments :

  1. I just love those two fabric! Just perfect for cushions for kids... bright and happy! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put some of this fabric in my cart on etsy last week to make some cushions for my kids. As soon as the month is over (and my fabric buying ban is over!) I will be getting some.

    Love the clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fabric and how great does this look as a cushion?! I love it Susie :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect! and thankyou for the very lovely feature last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely, cheery place you have here. I am now following happily and looking forward to visiting this delightfully inspiring place again soon. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)