Tuesday 8 May 2012

sewing with flower press

pint softies
I've banged on about how wonderful it is to see projects made with my fabrics before, because it really is the most rewarding part of designing, getting those fabrics back and then transforming them into something beautiful and useful. Sewing with your own fabrics is a wonderful feeling, but seeing where people take your prints is equally fun and always a really nice surprise. Especially in the hands of talented peeps like the those who made today's examples.

pints

I've only recently seen these beautiful softies from Megan Nicolson whose shop on Madeit is called pint. Megan posted this pic of Boyd the Bear the other day on my Facebook page. Isn't he beautiful, he's made from all Flower Press designs, from head to toe. These hello bears are for newborns, and would make such a dear present for a new baby. Boyd and the rest of the recently listed batch was snapped up in a day so its probably worth keeping an eye on Megan's blog to see when more are coming.

I'm not sure the wonderful CurlyPops needs an introduction, but for those few of you who don't know her, Cam is a sewer extraordinaire and a fabric designer herself. We did a swap last year and she sewed up the requested brick prints into these great toy bags for her nephews.

lego bag 1Lego bags 2

Another wonderful local crafter who does amazing work is Katia from Plushka. Her series of felt softies is so delightful and I was tickled to see this new blue bunny with my marble fabric ears and tummy. He's for sale in Katia's Madeit shop along with all her other amazing work, I love her detailed little embroideries and her new Fox softie is so sweet.

plushkabunnykatiabehind

This dress below by Kimberley of BaaBaaBoutique was made especially for a Lego themed birthday party. Isn't it fabulous, I love the clever panelling and the lego head detail Kimberley has stitched onto the front. Her BaaBaa Boutique Etsy shop is here.

baabaadress

Last but not least is this beautiful pillow case design with applique lego brick from Audrey, sewn for her nephew. I love the little details that she has included and the way the small panel of feature fabric and applique personalises the pillowcase. Don't forget my pillowcase tutorial if you are keen to make your own. And I've restocked the Flower Press shop with Brick prints and Clouds in case you want to sew your own.

lego pillowcase

7 comments :

  1. Thanks for the lovely words Susie. Your fabric was so much fun to sew with, and the Lego bags were a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much sweetness! Loving those softies. You must be so pleased. I know that I love it when I see people wearing my jewellery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Susie! It was so much fun working with your fabric and I am looking forward creating more with your fabric in the future:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All too awesome! How cute is Boyd!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those softies are so adorable! It must be lovely seeing your gorgeous fabrics being used in so many creative ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susie! No wonder you're so proud of this post, seeing your fabulous fabric being loved by so many. Thanks so much for joining in the POTMC! J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fabrics. You must be so proud to see them in use!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)