Thursday 21 October 2010

my creative space - softie

mary jane softie

I've never made a softie before, but I'm determined to join in this year's Softies for Mirabel, such a wonderful cause. I'm sewing without a pattern, just playing around and this is as far as I've got! And yes the minute I'd finished these denim mary janes I was thinking I should have done them in red! I'm not sure what the rest of this person looks like but hopefully it will come to me :-)

Thanks again for all your lovely comments on the Mix 'n Match Giveaway, its been fascinating to see your choices, come and enter if you haven't - its still open until Saturday, and thanks also for the support for Tiel's wonderful Show & Tell interview.

To see some more creative types I'm off now to Kirsty's.

22 comments :

  1. I think you are doing very well. I have often thought of joining in but every draft I do just looks ridiculous so i have given up on the softies at this stage. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those Mary Janes? I think I'd like to wear them!

    Have fun making your softie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The denim mary-janes look fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just whispering ...you spelt creative wrong. And those denim shoes are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nessa, I did too! All fixed now. thanks for all the encouragement everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those shoes too! I'd better get a wriggle on with my softie making...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute. I'm loving the shoes and dress combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks fantastic Susie :) Loving those Mary Janes. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are those Mary Janes?! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's going to be a very charismatic young lady! Love the denim MJs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking great so far! This will be my first softie for mirabel too, I haven't decided on crochet or sewing yet...LOve the mary-janes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice legs. Can't wait to see more!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how youve done them in denim. Red corduroy would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. she looks like she's going to be completely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. she's looking pretty gorgeous so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute, I like the denim. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Starting with the shoes - great idea. I'm meaning to join in too - just got a couple of other things to do first... but we'll get there. Looking forward to seeing the full softie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to check out that cause...I haven't come across it yet. I've never made a softie either, but maybe it's a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)