Tuesday 20 May 2008

vintage fabric buys

Went looking on Ebay for vintage fabric, big mistake. Couldn't resist this beautiful Eames barkcloth and these couple of quirky floral/op art fabrics. Surprise surprise LOL!

I just got the course notes for the textiles course and there is some information about repeats so it's interesting to look at these wonderful designs and work out how they repeat. I want to try and make print a repeat pattern over these last two weeks of my screenprinting course.

Last week was great fun and I managed to transfer one of my designs to a screen and then to a tea towel. I haven't taken a photo of it yet but I'll post it soon. I'm hoping to post them in the shop really soon, the first exciting step in my textile dreams!


I'm also dying to sew some simple projects with my new fabric but actually my sewing machine has recently died and I have to buy a new one. I'm trying to decide whether to buy a good brand second hand or just get a cheapie new one. I'm so inspired by all the crafters out there who make such beautiful things. I was halfway through a tote, my first, when the Janome started sewing tiny stitches and only going backwards. I'm not a great sewer at the best of times but that was too hard for me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)