Thursday 2 June 2011

my creative space - hothothot

hottie challenge
hottie challenge
hottie challenge

This design for the Hottie Challenge was one of those late night light bulbs, drawn on the back of an envelope and then whipped up the next day without pins or pressing. Luckily I was actually hoping for and ready to embrace the ensuing wonk! Serious quilters look away now. Its sort of inspired by Denise Schmidt's beautiful Proverbial Quilt which I love.
Its pretty much the right dimensions too, thanks to a quick layout in illustrator and actually remembering to add 1/4 inch seams all round (I surprised myself!).
Mr flowerpress is a fan and reckons I'm going to have to make another for home so its lucky I made notes along the way. We don't do hotties here so it will be modified to become a wheatbag cover.

Once I work out how to do the rest of the cover I might actually write up a simple pattern with measurements if anyone wants to try making their own, what do you think?

More creatives, and maybe even more hotties here.

12 comments :

  1. are these all by MODA? i LOVE reds in quilting. its so timeless and clean. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good hottie cover and this one's a beauty, Susie. My daughter has pointed out I have many more covers than I do hotties. A hottie cover for every mood, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking fabulous!
    (i haven't started mine yet - aargh!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the polka dot collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looks HOT!!! I'm loving the spots/dots... I'm such a sucker for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good!! I'm fascinated in seeing all the different versions for a hottie cover .. we don't have a hot water bottle in the house (I'm allergic to them), so it just didn't occur to me that their covers could be so vibrant and varied. Looks like yours is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Oh I mean very hot!
    Beautiful colour range.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this is looking delicious. First time for me to your blog so I'm off to scout around, it looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)