Thursday 15 September 2011

my creative space - pillowcases

flowerpress pillowcase
flowerpress pillowcase
pillowcase
flowerpress pillowcase

These are the fabric designs I had printed from my Project Selvedge entries, my Marble series and the coordinating Triangle Twist fabric. It was so nice to sew with these and I'm really proud of the way they look. These are proofs of the designs and I've tweaked some of the colours and scale and now ordered yardage to put in my shop. I'll be selling fat quarters and larger as soon as they come so if you want your own marble pillowcase you are in luck!

When I had these fabrics printed earlier in the year my kids all had favourite designs and asked to have something made from them. This spoonflower cotton is really smooth and I mentioned before I thought it would make great pillowcases. So here at last they are made up! I love the way they go together and the colours, and though I've made the scale a little smaller, I do like the marbles big like this too. I have some smaller pieces and I'm going to make at least one marble bag from the offcuts, I think it would be perfect.

Pillowcases are such an easy sewing project but when I looked for a tutorial I couldn't find one that was just right, with all the details I like and the right size for my pillows, so I've made my own! I photographed all the steps as I made the second case and I've nearly finished writing up instructions to share. I hope to post it tomorrow, so come back and grab it and make some of your own pillowcases. I have some green gingham that is calling to me for a pair of pillowcases for me.

In the meantime check out all the amazing creative types here.

16 comments :

  1. They look fabulous, Susie! Really really love them :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! That's the kind of cheering up my boys rooms need..

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! love your triangle design.
    pillowcases for the kids are the first thing i made with my fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I just love all those bright colours, they look fantastic! Looking forward to the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillowcases look fantastic & I just adore the twisted triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the fabrics Susie. They look great sewn up.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. REALLY like your marble print! And I know pillowcases look easy to do - I will still be coming back to have a look at your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pillowcases! The fabric is gorgeous! Well done and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! They look wonderful. I love that triangle design so much.

    Look forward to the tutorial. I will be adding pillow cases to my list of things to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so great and you're right about the tutorials - I need to know how to do the flap but not have seams showing. Looking forward to seeing how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look gorgeous. I love that marble print so much. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are soooo fun! Love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great jobs the colours almost inspire a big party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so cool! Love the colours and prints together. Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those marbles! What a great fabric idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)