Saturday 19 April 2008

sue h. and other favourites





It's been a while since I posted a mosaic of my Flickr favourites. What an inspiring wealth of talent Flickr holds. Someone I discovered recently whose photos I love is Australian Sue Hammond, whose Flickr stream goes under the name Sue H. She has some beautiful still lifes, landscapes and black and white photos among others (above). And quite a botanic bent (as all my favourites seem to have!). I'm also intrigued with the way she crops all her photos square, I really like that.

I've made a mosaic of my recent favourites, with credits, below. I like how the colours and images go so well with each other. All very romantic and moody at the moment. And some beautiful polaroids, two great flower pictures are included here. I hope someone saves this format, there is such an otherworldly air to the photos. And they have that square format. I used to have a polaroid camera somewhere but I think its gone in a move.


1. adjust, 2. the detail's in the bokeh, 3. pink tea, 4. Persicaria, 5. wire tree, 6. Magnolia Tree In Bloom, 7. dandelion b&w, 8. urchin, 9. leafy #2, 10. orchids black and white, 11. sketchbook no.2, 12. twirly pods, 13. chandelier, 14. just keep it simple, 15. boop-boop-a-doop, 16. Morning Bloom, 17. Dark Beauty, 18. crysanthemum..., 19. sweet suite, 20. In aPod, 21. at the coffee shop, 22. mossy roof, 23. Untitled, 24. winter colours 4, 25. winter cabinet

I'm going away tomorrow for a week to a wet and windy south coast. I will be taking my camera, a pen and paper and lots of inspiration. And hoping for at least a glimpse of sun.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)