Thursday 30 April 2009

stamp carving


Geninne's Art Blog is one of the first blogs I subscribed to. I remember finding it after discovering her stamp carving tutorial and how inspired and impressed I was by her work. She also sells her beautiful work, above, on Etsy.
Today she has posted the most wonderful video of her stamp carving process. For anyone interested in carving this is invaluable. She makes it look very easy (she is such a talented artist) but still its interesting and very inspiring.
I'm always fascinated in watching people work, especially really skilled artisans in fields such as art, craft, cooking, gardening. Recently I've been hearing that they have identified that many people are visual learners. Immediately I identified with that idea and googling it just now I see it fits me perfectly - here's a summary. I really relate to the reading, proof reading, remembering faces not names (!) and needing quiet when I'm doing something. I am easily distracted by sound.
Here's a quiz to work out what sort of learner you are, visual, auditory or tactile:
My results, surprise surprise, said I was a 'very visual learner'. I wonder if most artists are? I like the idea that we are readers too.

4 comments :

  1. I LOVED the video. Thanks so much for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Your carving is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thank you for introducing me to Geninne's beautiful work and blog.
    Guess what I'm a visual learner too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Dee, I'm glad you could relate to the visual learning stuff. I found it really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)