Tuesday 16 February 2010

party time


Most of the parties I go to end with lolly bags and cake but last weekend it was grown ups only. I went to a friend's 40th at The Victoria Room in Darlinghurst (below). What a fabulous space, its decorated a la English Raj with dim lighting, damask wallpaper, persian carpets and ceiling fans mixed with English tea cups, globes and oil paintings.

We met early and had high tea with a glass of sparkling rosé. The guys joined us later for champagne, bar food and laughs. It was late when Mr F and I finally tore ourselves away for the cab ride home.

This weekend we have another party on the other side of the city. The kids have sleepovers and we're staying in a hotel with a balcony looking out to sea (woo hoo!). I found this old favourite vintage dress at the back of my wardrobe and I'm thinking it might work for the dance floor on Saturday night!

Picture 51

1 comment :

  1. I am SO insanely jealous, I cannot speak (let alone type).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)