Saturday 11 October 2008

away

Drove out of town on Wednesday for a night away. It is school holidays here and lovely to get out of town. We travelled down the coast road as far as a little town called Thirroul, staying overnight at a motel. I love a good road trip and explore.
Along the way we saw some crazy hang gliders jump off a cliff into nothing, which I found terrifying, I could never do it! We played on the beach and had dinner out at a cheap Chinese restaurant. The next day we swam in the sea pool in Wollongong, I come here whenever I'm passing through, it is so wonderful, the pools go right up to the rocks which are studded with rock pools full of urchins, anemones and sea slugs. The temperature in the pool was 16 degrees celcius so it was a quick swim for me from side to side and then tingling in the sun wrapped in a towel. The kids on the other hand had races round the edges and got in and out!
We finished the day with lunch at the Nan Tien buddhist temple, high on the hill above town. I've done a couple of stays here, the last one a silent meditation weekend with my sister in law.

2 comments :

  1. I have been to Thirroul and stayed there too. All the way from South Africa! My good friend lives there and we had a beautiful walk along the beach from Thirroul to Wollongong, then we caught the bus back home. We also had breakfast at a coffee shop on the beach. I was there in mid winter, but it was lovely never-the-less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds wonderful, I love to walk the beach and chat. Feels virtuous because you are exercising!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)